Northern Greek Whipped Feta with Spices and Mastiha
Main Ingredients 2 portions
- ½ pound (225 gr.) Greek feta
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 long green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2-4 dried chili peppers, finely chopped
- 1 pickled green pepper, stem and seeds removed, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh oregano
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2-3 drops Mastiha essential oil
- 3-5 Tbsp. fresh, strained lemon juice
- Purée peppers, feta, oregano, and black pepper in blender or food processor, slowly adding the extra virgin Greek olive oil.
- Whip in the Mastiha oil and season to taste with lemon juice. Serve cold or at room temperature, as a dip or on toasted pita bread.