Plum and Purslane Salad with Mastiha-Lemon Vinaigrette
Main Ingredients 6 portions
- 1 bunch purslane (about ¼ pound/125 gr.)
- scallions or spring onions, trimmed and cut into paper-thin rounds
2 μικρά αγγούρια, κομμένα σε λεπτές ροδέλες
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3-4 Tbsp. fresh, strained lemon juice
- ½ tsp. Mastiha powder or 3-4 drops of Chios Mastiha oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Core the tomatoes. If using cherries, halve them; if using plum tomatoes, quarter them. Trim the purslane: Cut away the thick tough bottom part of the stems and use only the leaves and tender thin stems for the salad.
- Combine the tomatoes, purslane, onions, cucumbers, pepper,and parsley in a serving bowl. Whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, Mastiha powder or essential oil, salt, and pepper. Pour over salad, toss and serve immediately.